Friday, June 13, 2008

We bought our 1st home!!


David and I bought our first home back in May, in Taylor, Texas! We are very excited to be first time home buyers!! We bought a fixer upper, so we will be very busy the next couple of months! We have plenty to do, but we hope it will be well worth it when we are all finished.

We moved into "one" room of the house on May 31st. We have put most of our stuff in storage because we are remodeling! We have made ourselves a little one room efficiency: bed, dresser, and kitchen table. We will not have a kitchen for awhile, but I have brought our crock pot, microwave, and toaster convection oven, so we are able to make meals! We are going to have sooo many fun...and interesting memories to share!

I am going to attach some pictures of the house before any demolition....

Living and Dining Room
Mater Bedroom


Bathroom


Guest Bedroom

Kitchen
We will post pictures soon on the demolition and progress so far! Hope you are all doing well!!

7 comments:

Barb said...

Yeah, I'm glad to see your blog! Your new house looks like a lot of fun. Love the hardwood floors. Hope you enjoy the remodeling, and I look forward to seeing it sometime.

Randi said...

Kath! That's a super cute house :o) Now I'll have a reason to drive THROUGH Taylor instead of around it ;)

Unknown said...

I love my baby bro and sis! I am so proud of you guys! Huge congrats on your first home!! You better get a cot or something ready for Aunt Kelli tho! :) It's all good... I'm sure it's comparable to my stay in Africa right now?... :) Love you both more than anything! Xoxo!

Terry said...

Are you having fun yet? We can't wait to see it for ourselves. Your home looks very similar to our first home. Looking at the pics takes me back 30 years. Keep up the good work. David, I believe you have found your passion.

JennP said...

Howdy!
I'm so excited about your new home! Have fun creating and decorating your new roost!
Hope to see you soon!
Jennifer P.

Kelley said...

Kathrin,

You guys have done a lot of work. I am sure lots of memories are being made. Enjoy this time.

Thanks for sharing.
Kelley

Lori said...

Wow and congratulations and your first home. You all have amazing talents and abilities. I can't wait to see the finished masterpiece.